Director of Advertising Partnerships
October 27, 2020
Locked On is looking for an experienced advertising sales executive to sell podcast advertising to national direct response agencies and brand advertisers.
Be part of one of the most exciting stories in sports media and one of the fastest-growing podcasting companies in the country. The Locked On Podcast Network is the #1 daily, local sports podcast network and a producer of some of the highest-ranked, nation-wide, daily podcasts covering the major sports leagues. The network has over 160 individual podcast shows, covering every NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL team, plus a growing lineup of major college teams. We currently generate over 8 million listens per month and growing.
If you’re passionate about advertising sales and podcasts, Locked On could be your next home, especially if you want to be part of an exciting sports media startup. We are a modern, virtual company, so you can live and work where you want.
The person in this position will be responsible for selling podcast advertising. You will be calling on and working directly with national direct response ad agencies plus general advertising agencies, media planners, media buyers, national sports advertisers, and brands to design and sell advertising campaigns, programs, and sponsorships for our network of podcasts. This is a hands-on sales position for someone with strong experience selling to direct response agencies as well as major national brands and ad agencies, plus great people and communication skills. We are looking for self-starters, team players, problem solvers, and people comfortable working in a startup culture.
- 8+ years of experience selling national advertising for radio, podcasts, digital media properties to direct response agencies.
- Experience selling to major national brands, sports advertisers, and ad agencies a major plus.
- Background working directly with clients to build, price, and create campaigns.
- Experience selling to all stages in the sales process including marketers, agency media planners, and agency media buyers.
- Experience working with traffic and/or ad operations to implement successful campaigns for your clients.
- Self-starter, comfortable working on their own to drive results and to find, generate, and call on advertising prospects.
- Track record of generating new business.
- Team player willing to collaborate for the greater good.
- Creative problem solver who brings solutions to the table.
- Customer mindset focused on your client’s success.
- Comfortable working remotely and in a startup culture.
- Experience selling podcasts exclusively or as part of a media portfolio.
- Deep relationships with direct response agencies, plus major sports brands, advertisers, and ad agencies.
- Passion for sports and podcasts.
- Knowledge of the podcast industry, trends, and analytics.
This position includes salary with commission plus medical/dental/vision, 401K, flexible vacation, and other benefits.
Locked On provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, or other protected status.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter email@example.com. Tell us about your relevant advertising sales experience and how you’ll make our team better. PLEASE MAKE THE TITLE OF THIS POSITION THE SUBJECT LINE. We look forward to hearing from you.